LBS Legal is a niche practice with high level expertise in every aspect of professional conduct and the duties, obligations and liabilities of solicitors, including:
- the regulatory framework, including the SRA Accounts Rules, Code of Conduct and Authorisation Rules;
- training, qualification and continuing professional development;
- practice structures and solicitors’ monopolies;
- accepting and carrying out instructions;
- professional relationships and ethics;
- competition and restraint of trade;
- professional misconduct, regulatory investigations and prosecutions;
- financial regulation;
- remuneration of solicitors;
- publicly funded work, LSC tendering and billing;
- conditional fee agreements and legal expenses insurance;
- professional indemnity insurance/compensation fund matters.
Strength in depth
LBS Legal’s team includes former SRA and LSC employees, lawyers, practice directors and risk managers from top 100 UK Law firms, and individuals with a background in law enforcement and financial crime.
The collective expertise of the team is greater than that which could be developed in-house by all but the very largest of international legal practices.
In addition, we have close affiliations with regulatory solicitors and barristers, human resources professionals, partnership and company lawyers, accountants, insurance underwriters and brokers, LSC specialists, employment lawyers, and financial services experts, all of whom periodically carry out work for LBS Legal on a consultancy basis.
LBS Legal is currently retained by in excess of two hundred legal services businesses and has carried out fixed fee project work for a further three hundred.
LBS Legal has compelling data which demonstrates that our law firm clients pay lower indemnity insurance premiums, receive fewer complaints and negligence claims, secure panel status with more lenders, have more quality assurance marks and enjoy more positive relationships with the SRA than their competitors.